Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Baby Turned "12"

It is so hard to believe that my firstborn is now 12 years old. Where does the time go?? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was doing the same things for her that I am now doing for Ella. (Feeding her, bathing her, changing her diaper) Wow, just like the old saying, time flys when you're having fun!! It has been fun. Katie has been such a blessing to our whole family. She was the firstborn, so that in itself is special. We got to experience everything for the first time with her. And now at 12 years old we are still experiencing firsts. But what a great person to experience them with. She was very challenging as a young girl. She was a very strong willed child, and still is. However, she has always had a terrific attitude and a great personality. She loves Jesus and doesn't mind sharing that with other people. She is very well liked at school by her peers and by the teachers. Last year she was given the Ambassador of the Year award for the whole Westside Middle School. I know some of you are thinking, Katie Fleming, the young quiet girl that would rather just sit and listen than to talk to anyone. Well she is somewhat like that until you get to know her. She is a lot of fun and really smart. I don't know where she gets that from (probably my side). Anyway, if you don't know my beautiful 12 year old daughter, Katie, you are missing out on a blessing. Happy "12th" Birthday my sweet Katie! I love you very much and thank God for you each and every day.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy 12th B-day Katie! Your mom is right... you are a blessing, as are Kyle and Ella! I'm so glad I was able to get to know you and Kyle in Sunday School a couple years back! May you always run hard and fast after God!

Blessings y'all!
Mr. Sandy

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Katie-bug,
Happy Birthday to you!!! I can so see why your parents are blessed by you. You are a beautiful young lady with a beautiful heart. I'm so excited to spend the next 6 years with you in our youth group. You and Candace have already been a huge blessing to me.
I love you both!!! I look forward to sleepless nights and long talks with you throughout these next years of your life.
hugs and kisses on your birthday and may all your pedicures last a long time...LOL!
Terri

Tamara Chastain said...

Happy Birthday Katie! You truly are a blessing.

Nana Elaine said...

To my "sweet baby girl",
I sure hope you never outgrow your Nana. You have truly been my "sidekick" I love watching you grow into a beautiful woman of God.
I pray this will be your best year ever!!
I love you so much!! Happy Birthday.
Nana Laine

Jenny said...

Oh sweet Katie! You are so precious and dear to my heart. You have such a sweet spirit that shows in all that you do. Like the others said you, Kyle & Ella really are a blessing to many people. You are being prayed for and I look forward to seeing what God does in and through you as you grow!

Love you,
Jenny

Maddie said...

Happy birthday...a little late!! We think you are pretty awesome!

Tammy Howard said...

You are so right. Katie is a sweetheart of a young lady. I had just told Sandy recently that you and Tim have the sweetest kids. Both Katie and Kyle are such loving people. You can really tell they care about people and they love their family...and they love God. What more can you ask for?

We know Ella is a sweetheart too!
You have a great family....all of them. Everyone of you is a blessing to us!!

Hope you had a great birthday Katie!!

Love,

Tammy

Jo Fleming said...

Katie,

I just want you to know beautiful, wonderful granddaughter, that I love you with all my heart. I love your sweetness that is shown in so many ways...it's as though somehow you seem to sense when someone needs an extra smile or hug. I also love your quick and witty responses, your keen and wonderful sense of humor...you are such fun!!! You truly are beautiful inside and out and I love being blessed enough to be one of your Nanas! How quickly the years have gone by and we are amazed that you are now 12 years old. God bless you dearest Kate!

Nana Jo