Friday, August 15, 2008

To Catch You Up

Hi Friends!

I thought while Ella was taking a nap I would try to catch everyone up on what went on this summer at the Fleming household (if anyone cares). First of all, I guess everyone knows by now we moved. That is why I have not been able to blog for so long. We sold our house in the country and moved to the city. (Sounds like Green Acres, but just the opposite.) Tim was so tired of being so far out and the gas was killing us. I didn't think I would ever enjoy being back in the city especially not in a condo, but let me just say "I love it"!! I am eating my words and telling Tim how right he was every day. The kids are the happiest they have been in a long time. I really enjoy having Nancy so close and being so close to "everything" walmart, kroger, walmart, zaxby's, walmart, the mall, walmart.....I just love Walmart... I also love my condo. We bought a new one so we were able to take walls down and pick out everything. It was a lot of fun and we got it just like we want it. So I want to thank all of you for praying for me during that difficult time of having to sell my dream home. You knew that God was in control and He would not let me down. Thank you girls and thank you Lord!!

In June, Tim and I and the kids went to Naples, Florida for a week. We had the best time. The place we stay is called the LaPlaya (look it up). It is wonderful! The rooms are great...the view is awesome...and they cater to your every need. They have four pools and a hot tub. It's a great place to take your family. The only downfall is the drive. It is about a 10 hour drive. That was pretty hard with a baby, but it is worth it!!!

Also, in July, Tim and I and Ella went to St. Simons. Our favorite place to vacation!!! Tim had a conference there so Ella and I tagged along. Katie had cheerleading camp that same week so we didn't take Kyle either to be fair. It was very relaxing for me and Ella. This place also had several pools and a kiddie pool. Ella had just learned to walk so she had so much fun in the kiddie pool. She could stand up in her float and walk around. It was the cutest thing. She loves the water, but is not really crazy about the beach. I don't think the sand tasted too good!!!!

Finally the last vacation to Pigeon Forge with the family only Katie got to go. We were all supposed to go, but Tim could not get off from work and we really didn't need to spend the money. Dewey, Jo, Lisa, and Emma decided to go on and go so we decided to let Katie go for Emma. Kyle was okay with this after a few bribes. If you just mention buying baseball cards thats all it takes. He got to go last year so he was really fine staying home with us. Tim took one day off and we spent it with Kyle doing whatever he wanted to do.

Okay, I'm gonna try to wrap this up because I know I am boring you to death. Even though we had a great summer, it was still very hard knowing that this would be the last summer Dewey would be a pastor. It's all Tim has ever known and what I have been used to for 15 years. But I believe change is good and God is with us every step of the way. I'm excited to see what is in store for Dewey in his new endeavor and just the same for our church.

Now it is back to school time and back to reality. Katie started cheerleading practice with their first game next Saturday and their first competition September 20th at Northwest High School. If anyone would like to go please let me know. Kyle starts football practice next week. Tim is so excited that he gets to be the coach again this year, just kiddin....! Ella and I are enjoying our days at home so please call, email or come by anytime. We would love the company. I love you guys and I am so excited to be blogging again.

7 comments:

Tammy Howard said...

I get to first again!

It's great to hear all the family news. You are not boring us we like to know what everyone is doing....all the time..haha

Looks like you had a great summer and got to take some great trips. I love the new pictures!!! Those are so great.

I can't wait to see your new condo. I'm glad you love it. Ist't God good....all the time!

Glad you are back!!!

Tammy

P.S. I'm glad it's time for FOOTBALL!!!!

Tammy Howard said...

Maybe I should say....I get to be first and second....again....duh

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Angie, so glad you are back!!! God has a funny way of making us realize that what we thought we wanted was not at all what we wanted...did that make sense?
I seriously may go to Katie's competition. Keep me posted on the details as it gets closer. I'm sure Bryn and Erin would love to come and watch, too.
It's been fun getting to know Katie. She's got the cutest personality. She's also very real-there's no guessing what she's thinking. I like that because that's kinda how I am too. I pretty much tell it like it is. Bryn's following in my footsteps with that, too.
love you,
Terri

Tamara Chastain said...

Sounds like y'all had a fabulous summer and I'm so happy that you and the kids love your new home.

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

I'm so glad to read about the flemings and how the summer was. The pictures are so cute of your family.

Glad to see you back!!!

Lacey H

Maddie said...

I love all your new pictures!! And love hearing about all the fun you had this summer!! Let us know the details about the competition, I am sure Maddie and Ella would love to watch.

Brad and Shana said...

So glad you're back. So very glad that you and yours are so very happy. I knew God would bless your new home. And, we also rejoicing with you that Ella is doing better now on her new medicine.

Thanks for listening to my neurotic pyscho-path school worries. I know Bryce will be fine, it was just a shocker that I wasn't prepared for. I told him and he didn't seem to mind a bit. God and I are having discussions about how this is going to end up being a blessing in disguise....now I just have to believe it!

Remember, my door is always open if you're out my way and need to kill some time.

Shana