Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HELP

Well girls, you are not going to believe this!! Our realtor called tonight and we have an offer on our house. It was worth Tim staying up till 12:30 a.m. Saturday night cleaning. (which, by the way, I thought was good for him anyway because it showed him a little bit of what I do every day..) I don't really know what to say or how to feel. I have such mixed emotions. I know it is the right thing for us to do right now, but it is still very hard for me. I looooove my house, my dream house! I really thought we would be here a long time. But we have always felt that the Lord wanted me to be home with our children, so therefore, I didn't go back to work this year and this has been too much of a financial burden for my husband to carry alone. I know God has a reason for everything. I am just going to trust in Him!

So girls, what I need you to pray for first and foremost is a place to live by June 9th and that everything goes smoothly with the sell of our house. Secondly, that my children will adjust to the move and will feel safe and at home wherever we go. And thirdly, for me, that I will have a peace about this and a positive attitude so that I won't put anymore stress on my husband. He is very excited and very relieved to get out from under this pressure. When I asked him how he felt about it, he said he felt like a burden was lifted off his shoulders. He can now quit his second job and spend more time with his family. Which is the most important thing to him!!!!

You girls have told me before to come to you with my burdens and you would gladly lift them up in prayer so here I am asking again for you to come to my rescue. It feels so good to know ya'll are there. I'm so lucky to have such a great bunch of friends that I can come to with my happy times, sad times and hard times. I love ya'll "hireds" (I still don't think I know what that means), but if ya'll are "hireds" then I want to be one too. I'm laughing out loud when I write this because I don't know if it makes any sense. I'm tired, nervous, anxious, happy, sad, sick to my stomach, but full of HIS Grace!!!!!!! So I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me!!!!!!
Love ya'll
Angela

11 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Angela, what an incredible blessing. I know that God must be in this...it's so difficult to sell a house right now. Good for you!!!I will be praying this week for everything to go smoothly.
hugs and prayers,
Terri

jonesfamily said...

You guys are in our prayers!!

Nancy Suits said...

Girl, you are going to be fine. You are (hopefully) going to be my new neighbor and we are going to have so much fun. God is so good and he knows when we need him the most and to me it looks like you know when to reach out and seek him first. You are such a blessing to have as a friend. I really have learned a lot from you and I think that I have grown in my own spiritualness (?) since I have known you. Well, I have to go now. Sarah has just asked me if I am okay, seeing as how I am sitting here crying as I write this. I love you and you really are my BEST FRIEND!!! Nancy

Maddie said...

Wow! I will be praying that God will work out every single detail of your move. I know he has a perfect home already picked out for your family. He is so going to bless your faithfulness!!!

Brad and Shana said...

Praise the Lord for his provision. It is very hard to sell a house right now, so it is easy to see God's hand at work. And, remember....what he starts he finishes. He will have the perfect place, a beautiful home where you and Tim and the kids will all be very happy!

Shana

Klingbeil Family said...

Well, I know it is so totally cliche but I'm going to say it anyway - Home is where the heart is!! There, I said it. It may be a silly old saying but I think that in this instance it holds true.
It is hard to give up 'things' in this life - even wonderful things like a dream house. But, God has bigger plans for you my friend. As others have said, to sell a house these days is an amazing thing - A God Thing! If God has shown himself to you in this, then He will bless you all the more for you letting go and allowing this to happen. Your family will be so much better off - especially Tim. With that burden and stress off his shoulders, he can be more of who God intends for him to be.
I will be praying for all the details to be worked out smoothly.
Love you,
Marilyn

Nana Elaine said...

AMEN AMEN to what Marilyn said.
Home is where the heart is. As long as you have the family together under one roof, that is what is important. (of course tell that to a pre-teen)
You know you can always come live with us if need be. HAHA We can make some more great memories and funny stories about "The Night Bird"
Lord help Saudie!!
Love You
Elaine

Tim & Angela Fleming said...

All of you are so sweet and made me feel so much better. I started looking today for a house and really got stressed out because even though the market is good for buyers, not so much for us. Tim really wants to pare down this time so it's gonna be difficult. But all of you reminded me that God was in this so I will try to rest in that and let him do the work. Thanks again for your encouragement! Love ya, Angela

Tammy Howard said...

Wow...Tim must have cleaned really really good...to get an offer just like that. Yes, I have to agree it's a God thing to sell a house in this market...so if we believe that is a God thing....we know he will also send you to the home he has for you. The greatest thing is that you will all have more family time and that is worth downsizing(?) for!!!

I'm sure if you don't find a house by early June that you can live with the nana's until you do.

Know what else is great? We have so big strong husbands that can help you guys move!!!

Love,

Tammy

Cyndi Lou said...

OK...

So, if Tim cleans that well when you are out of town, I say we plan another 'girl's weekend' for the Fall!! :) LOL!!

No, seriously, though it may be hard to part with your 'dream home', no house or building can take the place of quality, family time! Having Tim under less pressure and spending more time with his family is WAY more important than a house (though I know that is easy for me to say, I am not selling my dream home)!

God has blessed you immensely over the past year with the growth of your family and by bringing you all through Ella's seizures. Don't you know that finding a safe, wonderful place for your precious family to live is 'simple' for such a BIG God!! I will be praying for you to 'Let Go and Let God' move in every detail of the sale of this house and the purchase of a new one!! Way to go for getting a great offer in today's economy!!

We love you and we are praying!!

Love,

Cyndi

Tamara Chastain said...

WOW! I totally agree with everyone. God is totally in the middle of this. I love the concept of bearing one another burdens. I consider it a privilege. Please rest assured that God is in controll and He is faithful and that the "Hired's" are praying for you. It just doesn't get any better than that. I love you girl!