Friday, April 18, 2008

Still Waiting!!

I spoke with our pediatrician's nurse today and she has made several calls to Emory and Egelston to try to find out the results of the MRI. It could be next week before we know anything. I can't believe the nurse at Egelston told us 24 to 48 hours. From what we understand now that is how long it takes for the MRI to process. Then it has to go to another department and be read and then to another to be typed and then sent to the ordering physician and then to our doctor. Also, we were not the only ones getting MRI's that day so we e to wait on others being done. Even though this is very frustrating having to wait on the doctors, God has given us an assurance that everything is fine! Ella is doing great and is progressing along wonderfully. She is on her hands and knees trying to crawl. And now can say ma ma, da da, and na na. She is so much fun and brings such joy to our lives. Katie and Kyle are wonderful with her and love her very much.

Now for the rest of the Fleming news! Katie has been having sinus problems for a long time now. She also snores pretty bad and has to breathe through her nose a lot. We went to the ENT yesterday and they want to do surgery on her May 8th. They want to take her tonsils and adenoids out so that she can get some relief and better sleep. Just one more thing for me to worry about. But I know God has his hands on her and will get us through it.

Thank you all again for the prayers and sweet messages for the Fleming family. We seem to have a lot going on in our lives right now and we are so greatful to have our friends praying for us. Please know that all of you are in our prayers as well. I read your blogs daily and receive such a blessing each time. God has given us a strong church family now and I can't tell you how much it has changed my life. I have been so afraid to talk to or open up to anyone in the past as I was afraid I would just get rejected or hurt some way. I really feel we have gotten past all that now and it feels good to be able to share my hurts and joys with my new friends in Christ! I love each one of you and pray God blesses you abundantly.

Love in Christ,
Angela

5 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Thanks for the update. I've been checking several times a day since Wednesday, to see if there was any news.

I was praying for y'all this morning, that the MRI would just give tangible proof of what we already believe...Ella is perfectly healthy. I'm so glad you've had those reassurances.

We'll be praying for Katie as she awaits surgery....I guess Emma will have to show her the ropes. Bryce has had his out too, it really does help them sleep more restfully!

Love the new look too!!

Shana

Tammy Howard said...

Hey Angela,

Don't you just hate waiting? I sure do. I want to know when I want to know and not one minute later....

I agree that we believe Ella is perfectly healthy.

We are sorry to hear Katie is going to have surgery too. But hopefully...she will feel so much better afterwards and won't have to deal with all the sinus junk anymore.

We are glad you are getting to know us too! We are a crazy mixed up group...but we love each other very much...and thats what counts!!

I love the new background and the new pictures. You have a beautiful family!

Love,

Tammy

Maddie said...

Ditto on everything Shana and Tammy said. We love you guys and are sooo very glad that you are feeling a part of this crazy, full of issues, but full of love family!

Cyndi Lou said...

Dear Angela,

I am so sorry you are having to wait, but God can do so much in our hearts while we are waiting to hear from Him! We know that Ella is healthy and the MRI will confirm that, we are sure! We are claiming health for her.

We will pray for Katie and I know you must be worried, but it is so good that she will be able to rest better. Also, just like the other girls said, we are SO HAPPY that you are opening up and feeling so apart of this wonderful, crazy group of people we call our extended family! We have such awesome people at our church and we love you dearly! You and your family are so precious to us!!

Thank you for opening up to us and sharing who you are with us.

Love you,

Cyndi

Katie Fleming said...

Thank yall for all your prayers and thoughts. I will definitely keep yall in my thouhgts and prayers, too. Love yall, Katie