Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An Ode to my Friends!

This weekend with my friends could not have been funner
We laughed and we cried and got to know each other.

Some of us went to Gatlinburg to take a quick look
While others stayed at the cabin to scrapbook.

Nine of us decided we wanted to get "tats"
And my husband suggested Harley Davidson hats.

As we all came together to sit down for dinner
Brandi, Mary Beth, and Tiffany cooked us a winner.

Later that night we decided to play games
We had some sore loosers, but I won't name names.

As the weekend came to a close we gathered for prayer and goodbye
Tammy prayed for our church without a dry eye.

Before we left we scrunched together for one last photo shot
All 19 of us and 3 little tots.

On the way home I thanked God for my friends
Each one unique, but what a great blend!

Now to my friends, what can I say
Just know you are in my heart each and every day.

I pray God fills your home full of His love
And keeps His hand on you from Heaven above.

As I close this poem because I'm so tired
I just want to say, I'm so glad to be a "hired".

I love you girls and thank you for accepting me and making me feel a part of you.
Angela

12 comments:

Nancy Suits said...

Look at you!! I didn't realize what a poet you were!!! You are a wonderful friend and I once again enjoyed spending the weekend with you and getting to know all the other girls better. I can't wait until we do this again. Oh, byt the way thanks for letting me get my baby fill this weekend. Between Ella and Ava Karis I will be good for a while. Not that I want any of my own. Let's not get confused or anything like that. I don't want anyone reading anything in to this. (ha,ha) Anyway, I really enjoyed this weekend!! Love ya'll
Nancy

Nancy Suits said...

OH, MY GOSH!! Shana, I really am a retard. I miss spelled by (byt)!!! How do you do that!! Nancy

Brad and Shana said...

Angela: Wow, I'm impressed. What a funny little poet you are!! So very glad you threw caution to the wind and joined us this year. It was so much fun getting to know you. Can't wait 'til next year!

Nancy: I wasn't gonna say a word!!

-Shana

Cyndi Lou said...

Oh Angela,

You made me laugh and cry all at the same time! What a wonderful little poem and a great way to sum up the weekend! That was a bright spot in my day. I am so glad you came with us this year and I am not sure we can wait another WHOLE year to go again!!

Nancy, Let me know if I need to help you with your spelling (byt, nos) and such before next year's Cranium re-match! Good OR bad spelling, we were ALL 3 still on the winning team, but again, as Angela said, I won't name names!!

Love you,

Cyndi

Maddie said...

Well I'll be, who knew we had a poet among us! That is awesome! Angela, I am so very glad you came this year. I hope that was the first of many more to come!!!

Tammy Howard said...

Angela,

What a great poem! I just love poetry about.....me.....haha. That's awesome! We are so glad you and Ella came with us. We are so glad we are getting to know you. You are a cool chick...with a great "tat".

Nancy is SMRT to be your friend but now she has to share you with all of us!!!

Love,

Tammy

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Wow, I continue to be impressed by you girls. I've learned so much from you since I've been at EMC. Let's see...Angela teaches me poetry, Shana teaches me scrapbooking and cardmaking, Tamara teaches me "how to be a Hired", Cyndi teaches me spelling, Jenny teaches me "gangsta", MaryBeth teaches me "spanish", Marisa teaches me how to give a spankin' pedicure, Brandi teaches me how to cook...the list goes on and on!!!! What a diverse group!!!

Tamara Chastain said...

I love it, that was beautiful. I need to print that out and frame it.

Terri- We all have our special gifts, thanks for recognizing mine.

Nana Elaine said...

You continue to amaze me with your many gifts and talents. I love the poem. I am so proud of you and glad you had such a good time.
I loved being with Katie and Kyle. They are a reflection of the wonderful parents they have in you and Tim.
I love you
MOM

MBJones said...

Angela,
Your tenderness this weekend really touched me. What a joy getting to spend time with Ella Grace as well.

I do want to go on the record that we are not accepting recruits on our team. ha, ha :)!
Love,
MB

Cyndi Lou said...

I am WITH Mary Beth!!! We will stick to our OWN 'Fab Four'! :) We will see if we can 'beat you all' again! LOL!!

Love,

Cyndi (Still trying to say "Hired" correctly!)

Cyndi Lou said...

I am WITH Mary Beth!!! We will stick to our OWN 'Fab Four'! :) We will see if we can 'beat you all' again! LOL!!

Love,

Cyndi (Still trying to say "Hired" correctly!)